James Bond Powered by Trendolizer

Bjørn Lomborg | With the all the excitement for solar and...

Trending story found on www.facebook.com
Bjørn Lomborg | With the all the excitement for solar and...
With the all the excitement for solar and wind, keep the perspective. The newest data from the International Energy Agency for 2015 shows that wind produced 0.53% of the world's total energy supply. Solar PV (your standard solar cells) produced 0.13% of global energy supply. In total, solar PV and wind produced 0.66%. In the same year, 2015, the IEA estimates that the world spent $34 billion in subsidies for wind and $57 billion in subsidies for solar PV. When you hear much higher estimates, it is typically because you are told about a specific country at a specific time...
[Source: www.facebook.com] [ Comments ] [See why this is trending]

Trend graph:

Comments